Hi, I am Fabian.I write scientific code. Mostly in C and C++, mostly efficient. You can find me at different places across the internet. Below is a small list.
- phylonium: ♥ Fast and Accurate Estimation of Evolutionary Distances. A successor to andi.
- biozsh: a collection of scripts for ZSH related to bioinformatics. Uses cwl2zshcomp as a starting point for completions.
- andi: a tool for the rapid estimation of phylogenies
- pfasta: a pedantic parser for FASTA files
- libdna: essential functions for DNA manipulation
Past Publications, Talks and Posters2022:
- Talk at Future Opportunities for Software in Research: How to make software outlive the research project
- Bernhard Haubold, Fabian Klötzl, Lars Hellberg, Daniel Thompson and Markus Cavalar Fur: Find unique genomic regions for diagnostic PCR Bioinformatics (btab059)
- Bernhard Haubold and Fabian Klötzl Fast Phylogeny Reconstruction from Genomes of Closely Related Microbes Becterial Pangenomics, Methods in Molecular Biology 2242
- Fabian Klötzl and Bernhard Haubold Phylonium: Fast Estimation of Evolutionary Distances from Large Samples of Similar Genomes Bioinformatics 36 (7) 2040-2046
- Aquavit: Fast Computation of Genome Distances Presentation
- Dissertation: Fast Computation of Genome Distances
- GCB2018: Talk on Fast and Accurate Distance Computation from Unaligned Genomes
- Aquavit: The Craft of Phylogeny Reconstruction
- Steffen Möller, Stuart W. Prescott, Lars Wirzenius, Petter Reinholdtsen, Brad Chapman, Pjotr Prins, Stian Soiland-Reyes, Fabian Klötzl, Andrea Bagnacani, Matúš Kalaš, Andreas Tille, Michael R. Crusoe Robust Cross-Platform Workflows: How Technical and Scientific Communities Collaborate to Develop, Test and Share Best Practices for Data Analysis Data Science and Engineering (2017)
- Bit-twiddling on Nucleotides (preprint)
- Linda Odenthal-Hesse, Julien Y. Dutheil, Fabian Klötzl, Bernhard Haubold hotspot: Software to Support Sperm-Typing for Investigating Recombination Hotspots Bioinformatics 32 (16) 2554-2555
- Fabian Klötzl, Bernhard Haubold Support Values for Genome Phylogenies Life (6) 11
- My poster (Rapid Phylogeny Reconstruction with Support Values) for the German Conference on Bioinformatics in Dortmund (Abstracts) best poster prize
- Bernhard Haubold, Fabian Klötzl, Peter Pfaffelhuber andi: Fast and accurate estimation of evolutionary distances between closely related genomes Bioinformatics 31 (8) 1169-1175
- Master's thesis: Efficient Estimation of Evolutionary Distances University of Lübeck
<email@example.com> Everyone with legit reasons can omit the
If you send me an e-mail my server and me will store your sender address and other personal information permanently. This is required for the mail service to work. I will hold it dear and hope that you do the same for my data.